Quantitative comparison Questions ask you to compare two quantities — Quantity A and Quantity B — and then determine which of the following statements describes the comparison.
- Quantity A is greater.
- Quantity B is greater.
- The two quantities are equal.
- The relationship cannot be determined from the information given.
Tips for Answering
- Become familiar with the answer choices.
- Avoid unnecessary computations.
- Remember that geometric figures are not necessarily drawn to scale.
- Plug in numbers. If one or both of the quantities are algebraic expressions, you can substitute easy numbers for the variables and compare the resulting quantities in your analysis.
- Simplify the comparison. If both quantities are algebraic or arithmetic expressions and you cannot easily see a relationship between them, you can try to simplify the comparison.