SPEAKING SUB – TEST
ROLE PLAYER’S CARD
NURSING SETTING / Suburban Health Clinic /PATIENT
You are a 45 year old male who has had rheumatoid arthritis. Your hands, wrists, knees and feet are swollen and hurt all the time. The pain wakes you up at night when you try to roll over. You also have a rash which is itchy and therefore you seek advice regarding a change of medication. You have come to the clinic today for evaluation and recommendations. You have a physical job which is becoming harder to do due to your condition.
- Explain your current symptoms.
- Inquire about possible change in medication due to rash.
- Demonstrate concern about ability to work.
NURSING SETTING / Suburban Health Clinic /NURSE
Mr David watts is a 45 year old male who has had rheumatoid arthritis for 5 years. Was seen by the doctor for Generalized skin rash due to side effect of medication and asked to return in one month. He has come to the clinic today for evaluation and recommendations. Examination reveals mild rash and inflamed joints.
- Elicit patients current condition
- Explain that the mild rash is not uncommon with this medication, and stress that patient should continue with medication in order to control the arthritis and reduce inflammation.
- Explain importance of regular rest and avoidance of strenuous activities and exercise until symptoms reduce
- Recommend moisturizer to ease itchiness cause by rash.